I don’t think anyone is more excited about the official partnership of Nintendo and Universal Studios Theme Parks than I am. I’m beyond ecstatic! Apparently, this is somewhat “old” news, but I just found out about it the other day! The new park will be called “Nintendo Land” and will feature many of the video games we’ve grown to know and love!
The inter-webs are buzzed by the announcement and everyone’s talking about the types of attractions they want to see. So, I decided to put my two cents in.
Since middle school, my Super Nintendo was my life. I remember spending hours upon hours of of playing Donkey Kong 1, 2, and 3…kicking butt with Diddy and absolutely hating those annoying brown barrels! Mario Kart was also my ish. I knew the trick to cutting those sharp-edge corners, just to pass six players on the left. Also, secretly knew how to activate the turbo when the stoplight turned green. I’m telling you…no one could beat me,
and still can’t. It was good bonding time for me and my sibs, especially when Super Smash Bros. and Mario Party were released. Endless. Fights. My sister was dope with Kirby…even if all she did was just swallow us over and over. Haha!
So now, these video games will be in-your-face real and if Universal Studios puts as much effort into Nintendo Land as they did Harry Potter World, it will be fan-freaking-tastic! Here’s my list for what I want to see, and I hope you’re listening Universal!
- Princess Peach’s Castle – “Nintendo Land” wouldn’t be right without this precious gem. The castle is pretty much the face of Nintendo and gosh darn it, as many times as I saved the Princess, I deserve a non-Bowser related invite!
- MarioKart Racetrack – Like I said, I have a thing for Mario Kart. It would be uber cool to actually ride in one of the karts from the video game, racing Toad and Luigi to see if I actually have what it takes to win first place. What would be even MORE cool, is if we raced in the dark on Rainbow Road. True nerd-gasm.
- Pokemon Battle – I always thought it would be really cool to see an actual Pokemon Battle happen in an arena. Imagine sitting in the stands watching Ash Ketchum and Pikachu deliver some “real” thunder shock action. Then he turns around and challenges you to battle…what?! Gotta get your Pokemon stash-game up!
- Donkey Kong Barrel Ride – As much as I detested the barrels in the Donkey Kong game, don’t you think it would be cool to ride in one as a theme park sky ride? (Just as long as it doesn’t tip over, right?)
- Yoshi Egg Ride – As much as I’d love to, you can’t leave out attractions for the tiny tots, haha! I can totally see Yoshi leading the way with his little eggs behind him. The ride would only go in circles, but the little one’s would get a kick out of it, especially since Yoshi is just so much fun!
On top of these rides and attractions, I’d also love to see mascots. Tons and tons of mascots! I NEED to take pics with Donkey Kong and Princess Peach, high-five Mario and do a happy dance with Luigi. These are my long-time friends, people. I can’t wait to meet them in person.
Universal Studios Theme Parks hasn’t released when the new park will be available. Nor have they indicated where exactly Nintendo Land will be located. No details have been provided at all,
which sucks. The only thing certain is that I know where I’m off to for vacation in the next couple years.